Saturday, July 16, 2016

How to handle jet lag?

I just reached Montreal yesterday. So I had been here for about 12 hours. Since it's a long distance flight which is more than 24 hours, the time in flight is so important. My flight depart at 2am and will reach Doha in 6 hours. After that, i will need to wait for 4 hours, to take another flight to Montreal. That flight will be 13 hours. I will reach Canada at 2pm Canada time. 

So I thought, I must sleep a little when I am in the flight to Canada, then when I reach, I must stay awake until night time only I can sleep.

So I sleep for about 3 hours in that flight. When I reached, I am very hyper because I drank coffee in the flight before it landed. So I reached my hotel and unpacked my luggage. Take a long shower after a long 24 hours flight, buy some groceries and food, rest up a bit and when I try to update my blog, I fall asleep at the sofa. I force myself to my bed and fall asleep immediately. That sleep lasted for 7 hours. I woke at 2.30am and try to sleep again. Woke again at 4am and this time it's really hard to sleep. Since it's 4pm Malaysia time, I thought I should just see what's the update on facebook.

After checking for a bit, i thought, maybe I should just wake up and do a bit of research on where to go later. So yeah, I am awake, and my next sleep should be 18 hours later. Then my jet lag problem will be solved.

Trick is to sleep at the right time. Just need to get tired for once and sleep at the right time. But since I can't do it at once, because I am getting too sleepy at 7pm, I think doing it twice is ok too.

I met a guy at the airport. He said, he traveled a lot to Malaysia, UK and he is a Canadian. So I asked him how he handle his jetlag. He said, the way to handle it is not to think about it. If you keep on thinking you are 12 hours behind, you will get very tired just for thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment