Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ranting about work.... havent do this for quite some time.

I had been sacrificing a lot for the job that I like. Basically if the company hired me, I will put in all my effort to do all I need to get the company to run normally. However, working for startup is really tiring because the people who can take over your job is really less.

Here is the thing, the only people who can do backend programming in my current company is my CTO Hikmat and me. So my CTO had left to London for some meeting or conference. I am the only backend programmer left currently.

Earlier this year, I booked a ticket to Vietnam for a solo vacation on 21st April 2016 to 25th April 2016. Who knows that it will clash with my CTO London working trip. Looking at the current situation of the company, if I am away for 3-4 days and the CTO is not around too, it will be hard for the company to function normally. No one will be able to change the banner, selected sku to be displayed in front page, no one will be able to live new feature, fix bug, prepare the API.....

So I decided to not go for the vacation, stay here and work a bit more for the company. I hope the company will appreciate what I had done. Even though no one really knows about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment