Friday, February 26, 2016

My own website, www.foodshare.my

Finally come out with my own website.

Actually, not alone. I did it with my best friend, the greatest front end developer I ever met. His name is Sean Ngu. Good guy who is still single. I still wonder why many good guys got friend zoned or cannot find a good girl friend.

Anyway, back to the main topic. The website is up. Still learning more about SEO so it appears in google. Not as simple as using the webmaster tools in google. Also need to do some meta tagging, each page header and maybe generate a dynamic meta description for each page too.... 

This website totally didn't get any sponsor or donation from anyone. Originally we do it to earn money but now I think we just want to get it up and see how it goes. If it earns money, then it earns. Else, we just make it as our portfolio for a better job in future. 

However, this website can only be made possible by few people.

First is my best friend la, Sean Ngu. The front end developer who has the best front end skill in my opinion. His speed of doing things matched mine, so we can collaborate easily. 

Second is Chris Wong, Ting Jing Ling and Ng Dick Tern from church. They sparked this idea because we always wonder where to go for our meal. So I end up thinking this might work, and planned the whole thing.

Well, we did try to find few more people to help out in this project last year but things didn't work as well as I hope for. I approached one of my friend from my previous church who is really good in Sales and Marketing. He also can do a bit of design. But I hope he can work on Marketing once the website is done. Then he bring in another friend who previously work in fine dining. We had our weekly meeting through Skype. So I distributed the task and we hope to finish everything and set to live the website in few weeks time. 

However, we don't have enough data and the website couldn't go live. We are stucked doing development and data entry. Things got pretty bad and we end up disbanding the whole group.

However, the original owner of the domain and project is still me and Sean Ngu. After leaving it idle for about 8 months, I thought it's time to bring it back to live. So I clean up all the features we planned to have but cannot finish in time, leaving few main features that had been completed before, adding few more "must have features" in the website and then add in the info 1 by 1 and live it. 

No marketing or sharing has been done on facebook or anywhere yet. So we have no high traffic to the website. Once it has more data, like maybe few hundreds, then maybe we will start to use facebook to advertise the website. 

I am just feeling excited now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment