Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Memory of Miss Tan Geok Kiong

A lecturer from MPI, my previous college just pass away in a boat sunken accident.

I am so shocked when i heard it. At that time, i still hope they will be coming back safely because their body had not been found yet. However, 2 days later, i heard the body had been found and that really makes me sad....

Even she only taught me in 2 subjects namely Pengajian Malaysia and Pendidikan Moral, i know she is a good teacher. She is a kind and caring teacher. She treated students like friends. She spent a lot of time with students talking with them and building the relationship. Many students like her.

I remember there was once i did a presentation of Pendidikan Moral subjects at last semester in August 2008. The title of my presentation is about the culture of Sikh people. I did the presentation well because I am quite prepared for it. I explained the meaning of 5K. Most of the time when other people doing the presentation, other people are talking and does not fully listen to it. However, when I am doing that presentation, i can feel all eyes are on me. I feel quite proud of myself.

When i finished my presentation, i remember clearly she said "very good, give him a big clap" in BM. That's the moment she praised me.

Another moment is when I am in library with my friend, we saw her. It had been 5 semester since the presentation that time. She saw us and talk to us. Although it is just a small conversation, I still can remember the content of it.

In the end, I wish her and her husband can rest in peace. I also wish her family all the best in what they do.

Thank you, Miss Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment