Monday, March 7, 2016

Commitment at work

I always think that being committed to work is what an employee should do. Not everyday, just during working hour and sometimes during night time or weekend if there is an urgent case.

Well, it happened to me that we are going to live a new version of website. So the Head of Department told us to be on standby for Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. So I cancelled all my activities and commit to it.

Friday night, I worked until 11.45pm migrating the data from old platform to new platform.

Saturday, I woke at 9.00am to sign my house purchasing agreement, got back home, then bring my laptop out to work in Sushi Zanmai while having lunch. I migrated the second batch of data there. Saturday night, I continue doing development for the new platform after came back from a dinner.

Sunday morning I got too tired and sleep until 11.30am again. I continue my work in Starbucks, doing the error checking at checkout and payment details page. 

In all this 3 days, the progress for front end development is very very slow. It is almost like no one from front end team is working at the weekend. 

I got totally pissed when I saw a message from one of the front end guy saying "I'm back" at Monday 12.10am. We should have completed the website by then but failing to commit to it earlier causing us to delay the living date.

I am just pissed....

No comments:

Post a Comment