Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Funniest experience as Web Developer

Friday morning, feeling tired with blurry eyes, I reported MC to my boss and continued my sleep. 

After few more hours, I woke up. Then I checked on my email and slack to see if there is any request that I need to help on. Nothing.

I decided to not eat meat in any meal for 1 week. So I went to Simple Plan in Paradigm Mall to have my lunch. I can't remember the name of the noodles that I ordered. After lunch, I went to have some dessert. 

Here come the interesting part. I was worried that issue might come up any moment when I was eating my meal or desserts. So I brought my macbook together. However, nothing came up. So I thought "ok, maybe I should watch a movie before go back". I went to buy ticket for movie "Boboiboy". The movie time is 2.50pm. I went into the cinema at 2.45pm. While sitting in the movie hall, my phone vibrated. Someone mentioned my name in slack. I checked and find out there is some big issue. The product does not appear in front page. It's the featured product. I updated the database a day before for the featured product. I tested at development site and it works well but who knows it doesn't work well in live site.

A bit frustrated, because the movie almost start, I bring my bag out from the movie hall, turn on my phone hotspot that only have 5% power left, turn on my macbook and start checking source code outside the hall near the stairs. Some people passed by and keep looking at me but I have no time to look back to them. While worried that my phone battery will run out before I fixed the bug, I still keep calm and continued fixing. In less than 5 minutes, I fixed it, and the featured product appeared properly in live site.

Off my phone hotspot, macbook and went in back to movie hall. Movie started for about 5 minutes, but it's fine. Feeling satisfied and accomplished. Hahahaha. Thank God for such a unique experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment