Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Facebook new profile layout - "about" sections.

Just sharing my thought. Any comment and feedback is highly appreciated.


Facebook new profile layout is more user friendly. The "About" section highlighted in the picture is on the left top. It will show anything about you that you have filled in previously. 

If you click the highlighted area, you will be lead to info page. It will shows several sections like 


1. Work and education - Showed where you had studied and where you had worked. A lot of people who use facebook put their position as "Manager" who work at " company". Example "Manager at CZ Company". And mostly people who did this does not work or have a very stable passive income. Or their parents are rich. Hahaha. Anyway, in this section, you can tag people who worked or studied together with you.


2. Family - All your family member that has facebook account can be registered here. You can add them and other people who view your profile can see your family members. I know some people in facebook have more than 50 family members. With all their best friends as sisters or brothers. Some even fake father or mothers. This defeat the purpose of having this section. I don't even know who is the real family members of that person.


3. About you - Some description that you can fill in to let other people know about you. Well, this section can be quite creative. As for myself, you can see i only put Call me CZ. Hahaha. Some fun people put other language in this section. So when i copy and paste to google translate, it comes up with their introduction. Not a bad idea.



4. Favorite quotations - Quotation that you always used when you are talking. I didn't put anything in this section. I don't even know my own favourite quotation. You can choose not to show this in your facebook profile either. I had seen some friends of mine don't have this section.



5. Living - Where you live will be stated here. Your current location and your hometown. Provided you had fill in this details before. However, its better not to put your full address because it might be dangerous if someone you don't know approach you in real life because your address is known to them. Just extra precaution.


6. Basic Information - All about yourself like your gender, birthday, relationship status, languages etc. Now you can see my basic information. I really don't mind let people know about my basic information. It does not harm me anyway.


7. Contact information - How other people can contact you, like your phone number, website, email, etc etc. Its not like people will misuse my phone number. I just put it straight in facebook since my all my facebook friends is who i really know.



8. History by year - Here you can see a lot about your own history. Started work, started to study, get into relationship, etc etc. Whatever happened in your life, a big one, you can put it into here. Normally is work, study or relationship. When you put your work in "work and education" section, it will added automatically to History by year. If you change your relationship status in facebook, it will also be recorded down in this section.


No comments:

Post a Comment